Thursday, July 22, 2010

Time

 Time
Written Saturday, November 21st, 2009

Take my hand and lead me, to a place where there's no pain,
Where footsteps never fade beneath the snow,
Where there's no one you wished you didn't know.
Take my hand, and I will follow, as long as you are here,
But promise me, that you will never go,
You mean more to me than you could ever know.

I'm trying to fall without breaking in two
I'm trying to stay in this strength.
I'm feeling I'm flying but inside I'm dying away
I don't belong in this place.

Hold me tightly, help me to discover happiness,
A smile that I can plaster on my face,
A knowledge that I've found a better place.
Touch me gently, softly, and push the tears away,
Even though I'm failing the race,
Time, can be such a disgrace.

I feel so locked up in this world,
That I can't stand to be apart,
From the ones who've shaped my soul,
And the ones who've shaped my heart
Throwing caution to the wind,
When I'm running back from all things real.
Is this pain I feel?

I'm trying to fall without breaking in two
I'm trying to stay in this strength.
But I keep on fighting for the rest of my life,
I'll never find that better place,
If I keep trying to find strength,
I'll never see that smiling face,
Time, can be such a disgrace.

Alycia Dort

No comments:

Post a Comment